Dash (Digital Cash) is a cryptocurrency with lots of potentials. It rose by 8000% in 2017 alone and investors have named it as one of the currencies that will do exceptionally well in 2018. This is most likely because it has a development team sponsored by its blockchain, it also has an “instant send” and “private sent” feature. If you want to acquire DASH, you will need a wallet to hold.
In this post, I have listed the top 12 DASH wallets that give you total control over your Dash. Enjoy, feel free to leave a comment at the end of the post.
Top 12 Dash Wallets
DASH wallets can be grouped into 5 categories
- Hardware Wallet
- Mobile Wallet
- Desktop Wallet
- Paper Wallet
- Exchange wallet
Hardware Wallets are devices with a USB port you can insert into your computer. They have been proven to be the safest kind of wallet to store cryptocurrencies. This is because they are offline which means it cannot be accessed by anyone anywhere unless the person has your hardware and password to access it. The disadvantage of hardware wallet if that is it is lost, of damage, you will lose all the coins you have in it. So, make sure to keep it safe when you purchase one.
The 3 most recognized hardware wallets on the market are:
- Ledger: The Ledger wallet is the most popular multicurrency hardware wallet. It supports storage of 27 cryptocurrencies including Dash. It cost 79 Euros to purchase
- Trezor: Trezor is another Hardware wallet, it currently supports 15 cryptocurrencies including DASH. You can buy Trezor hardware wallet directly from their website for 89 Euros.
- Keepkey: this a beautifully designed hardware wallet. It currently supports 7 cryptocurrencies, this includes; Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Namecoin, Testnet, Ethereum and Dash. It can be purchased from Amazon at $129.
- Dash Wallet 9.0: This is the official Dash mobile wallet developed Dash developers. It is only available for android phone users.
- Jaxx: With this mobile wallet, you can up 7 cryptocurrencies including Dash. It also allows you to purchase dash directly from this wallet. Its available for Android and iOS.
- Coinomi: With this mobile wallet, you can store up to 278 cryptocurrencies including DASH as well as exchange these cryptos for one another directly from the app. It is available for android phone users alone. You can read my review on Coinomi here.
- Dash Core: This is the official DASH desktop wallet developed by Dash developers. It is available for download for both Window and Linux Users.
- Jaxx: This desktop wallet supports Dash and 6 other cryptocurrencies. It is available for download for Windows and Linux users.
- Exodus: This is the only Dash desktop wallet for Mac users. Linux and window user can also use it. This wallet has a user-friendly interface, users can store and exchange 29 cryptocurrencies including DASH.
- You should know that cryptocurrencies are not really stored anywhere, what is stored in the Private and Public key required to access it. The paper wallet is the cheapest form of cold wallet. Unlike the hardware wallet which you need to purchase, paper wallet only requires you to print them. Click here to read how to make a Dash Paper Wallet
- These are the wallets that are online. They can be accessed from any internet-enabled devices thus making it more susceptible to attack from hackers. However, many of these exchanges have security measures like 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) to mitigate against these attacks. Through these exchanges you can purchase dash and store dash as well as numerous other cryptocurrencies, however, it is not advice you leave your DASH in them. They include CEX, BINANCE, COINPAYMENT, KRAKEN, LIVECOIN etc.
Also read: Top Exchanges to Buy and Sell DASH
These are the top wallet to store your Dash. I personally use the hardware wallet and the Coinomi wallet. If you have a large number of wallet to store, it is best you use the hardware wallet. For a smaller number of cryptocurrencies, you can use other wallets.
I hope this post is informative enough. If it was please share with your friends by clicking the social media buttons below. Thank you.