Bitcoin is one of the world’s most popular cryptocurrencies, with a very high value and importance in the stock exchange market. It is basically an electronic form of currency that could neither be seen or touched but its value keeps appreciating. We are going to discuss how to open a bitcoin account and how to fund it in right here in Nigeria.
To open a bitcoin account, you must register with a bitcoin wallet provider. The bitcoin wallet provider is just like the commercial bank where you open a bank account to save your local currency. BThe Bitcoin wallet is free to open and should not take you more than 2 minutes to create.
Click here to read the differences between a bitcoin wallet and a bank account
There are lots of Bitcoin wallet provider but the ones I recommend are:
we will only discuss blockchain.info in this article, the rest is about the same procedure.
Note: never forget your bitcoin wallet address if you do, you cant get it back because wallet providers like blockchain.info do not store your password.
- make sure you have a working email address
- Log on to blockchain.info, Click on “wallet” and then click on “create your wallet”. You will be presented with a form, fill it accordingly and submit. You will be sent a verification mail via the email address that you filled on the form. Log into your email account and verify your blockchain account. Then log in with your wallet ID and password. Please always remember that your wallet ID is in the mail sent to you by blockchain, you can copy it from there or click on it.
- After opening a blockchain account and logging into it. Please take your time to go round it, you will observe an icon that says “request”. Click on the request, you will see your blockchain receive address under “copy and share address”. Your blockchain receive address is the alphanumeric character you see the “copy and share address”.
- If you use a smartphone, install the blockchain app from playstore.
- Purchasing a bitcoin is very easy after you have gone through the steps above, all you need to do is send your blockchain receive address to a bitcoin merchant after negotiating the price and rate with the merchant. The bitcoin merchant will simply send the agreed amount of bitcoin to your bitcoin wallet via your blockchain receive address. Trusted bitcoin merchants you can buy bitcoin from online in Nigeria include naira4dollar.com, winkpayment.com, instantgold.com, nairax.com, luno.com
- Now you already have a bitcoin wallet and bitcoin in your account. You are free to do whatever you chose to do with your bitcoin but most times you might need to send bitcoin to someone or some business of your choice. Sending a bitcoin is quite easy, just hit the “send” icon, you will see a form where you will fill the recipients receive address and the quantity of bitcoin you wish to send and then you hit the send button. Its just like sending an email or a text message
FREE EMAIL COURSE: I created a side income stream from cryptocurrency trading. Let me show you how you can increase your income from crypto trading before the end of this week
. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP